Its been quite some time since Microsoft stop supporting setup projects. Belive it or not some of us still have setup projects in our solutions. I keep thinking to myself that moving to a wix project would be a good idea but its something that we never seam to get around to.
Recently I upgraded an old Visual studio 2010 solution to visual studio 2015. I installed the required extension Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Installer Projects and assumed everything would work. It did not.
An error occurred while validating. HRESULT = ‘8000000A’
This annoying error had me stumped for half a day. I managed to find a solution on stack overflow: An error occurred while validating. HRESULT = ‘8000000A’
REG ADD HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0_Config\MSBuild /t REG_DWORD /v EnableOutOfProcBuild /d 0 /f
I am not an expert when it comes to the windows Registry so I wont claim to know why this works. But I am putting this quick post here because in six months or a year I will probably be faced with it again.